2015 Papal Visit
Across the country, Catholic colleges and universities celebrated the September 22–27 visit of Pope Francis to the United States. Many priorities of the Holy Father align with the concerns, actions, and initiatives of Catholic higher education — from immigration to care for the environment, and much more — as reflected in the online list of papal resources and the extensive list of faculty experts.
CONNECT WITH US:
|Download our new infographics, showing how Catholic colleges and universities demonstrate their commitment to the concerns of Pope Francis:
Lights, camera, action...
Students: Grab your phone and make a video of yourself or your friends preparing for the papal visit or taking part in Pope Francis-related activities. We want to see your enthusiasm for Pope Francis and commitment to his message of social justice. Send your video (no longer than 3 minutes, please) to ACCU and you could win $500! Read details here...
|Still posting about the papal visit? Remember to use the hashtag #HigherEdWithPope so that we can follow and share your enthusiasm. Bookmark our Storify page to read a collection of the most recent posts!|
Top Stories from the Papal Visit:
- College of Saint Mary President Inspired, Energized After Seeing Pope
- Manhattan College Bears Witness to Pope's 2015 Apostolic Journey
- Thomas F. Flynn, Alvernia University: Three Questions I Would Like to Ask Pope Francis
- Gwynedd Mercy University Takes Part in Day of Action
- Loyola Chicago Welcomes Pope Francis; Celebrates the Power of Jesuit Education (With Photos)
- Newman University's Pope Mania
- Graduate of St. Mary’s University College, Belfast, Performs for Pope Francis’s First Visit to the United States
- University of St. Thomas (MN): Papal Visit Highlights
- Seton Hall University Featured in Pope Francis Media Coverage
|Nearly 100 presidents of ACCU member institutions have signed an international statement in support of Laudato Si, Pope Francis's encyclical on the environment. Read the statement here...|