|7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
||Continental breakfast available
| 8:00 AM - 8:10 AM
8:10 AM - 9:00 AM
| Opening Prayer
| 9:00 AM - 10:20 AM
|| Reflections on Fratelli Tutti (See)
|10:20 AM - 10:40 AM
|| Coffee Break
|10: 40 AM - 12:00 PM
Theological Context of Friendship (Judge)
Carmen Nanko Fernandez, Professor of Hispanic Theology and Ministry, Catholic Theological Union - Guest Speaker
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
|| Networking Lunch
| 1:00PM - 2: 30 PM
|| Approaches to Building Social Friendships (Act)
| 2:30 PM - 2:50 PM
|| Coffee Break
| 2:50 PM - 3:50 PM
|| Business Meeting - Creating a Mission Officers Association
|3:50 PM - 4:00 PM
|| Closing & Adjournment
Many thanks to our 2023 Mission Officers Conference Planning Committee members for their assistance in planning this year's conference!
Milton Bravo, Vice President for Mission,Values and Inclusion, Edgewood College
Kevin Nadolski, Vice President for Mission, De Sales University
Adam Setmeyer, Vice President for Mission, Marian University
Check out last year's conference highlights!
2022 Conference Details & Resources
Questions? Please contact ACCU.
Mission officers are among the most active leaders on campus in developing the Catholic identity of their university. As such, ACCU offers a range of programs, events, and publications to meet their various needs:
- The Mission Leadership Institute is an intensive 4-day summer program designed to help new, emerging, and future mission leaders integrate and sustain mission on their campus.
- The Mission Officer Handbook, vols. 1 & 2, offer the collected wisdom of 80 contributors on the role of the mission officer and effective practices used to advance Catholic identity on campus.
- Entering its eleventh year in 2022, the Mission Officers Conference gives both thoughtful and practical tools to these leaders.
- ACCU held an online conversation, "Care and Compassion during COVID-19: A Chat with Mission Officer Colleagues," in March 2020. Read the resource document that came from this session.
- The association organized a virtual Summer Gathering for Rejuvenation for mission officers in June 2021, featuring Cecilia Gonzalez-Andrieu, professor of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University. A fall 2021 virtual gathering is now being planned.
2022 Mission Officer Task Force
Paul Daponte, Executive Director for Mission Integration, Georgian Court University
Sister Karen Elliott, Director of Mission Integration, Mount Saint Joseph University
Shannon Green, Director, CSJ Institute, Mount Saint Mary's University
Sister Walter Maher, Vice President for Mission and Ministry, University of Incarnate Word
Rev. Kevin Nadolski, Vice President for Mission, De Sales University
Claire Noonan, Vice President for Mission, Dominican University
Catherine Punsalan-Manlimos, Assistant to the President for Mission Integration, University of Detroit Mercy
Kurt Schackmuth, Vice President for Mission and Associate Provost for Student Success, Lewis University, Task Force Chair
Adam Setmeyer, Vice President for Mission and Ministry & Director of Campus Ministry, Marian University
Rev. Bernard Tracey, Executive Vice President for Mission, St. John's University
Julianne Wallace, Director of Apostolic Mission and Charism, Congregation of Holy Cross