The CIMA team has created four related surveys, each focused on a particular population:
• New students toward the beginning of their college career. This survey helps establish a baseline and addresses both traditional age undergraduates and adult learners. The new student survey offers helpful information about the typical high-school profile of a student and how Catholic mission was or was not important in their decision to attend the institution.
• Graduating students, toward the end of their educational career. This survey measures changes since the first year of college, relevant for both traditional age students and adult learners. This survey also highlights areas that are perceived by students to have been the most and least impactful over the last several years.
• Graduate and professional students toward the end of their degree program. This survey takes into account the special application of mission goals to post-baccalaureate programs and the unique relationship between graduate students and the institution as a whole.
• Undergraduate alumni during the fifth and/or tenth year after graduation. This survey assesses long-term effects of the institution’s mission-related strategies and gathers important data about students’ experiences after graduation.
After the survey is complete, schools will receive a full-length individualized report as well as best practices that may help in areas needing improvement. To learn more about the surveys, please read the Survey Instrument Overview.
REGISTRATION OPENS on March 2
for the GRADUATING STUDENT SURVEY
Survey Open Dates:
• New Students: Fall 2019
• Graduating Students: Spring 2020
• Alumni: Late Fall/Early Winter 2020
• Graduate and Professional Students: Spring 2021
Over time, benchmarks will be developed on a range of measures so that campuses will be able to put their results in the context of whichever comparisons are most meaningful.
**Individual schools will not be identifiable. Neither the institution-level results nor the benchmarks are intended to produce rankings.**