2020 Annual Meeting Pre-conference Events
In addition to the Annual Meeting, ACCU is pleased to offer a number of pre-conference events on Friday, January 31, and Saturday, February 1. Pre-conference events provide distinct audiences within our membership with additional programming options targeted at specific issues. Schedules for each event will be available soon.
Online registration for all pre-conference events is now closed.
Please call the ACCU office at (202) 457-0650 if you need assistance.
Friday, January 31
- NEW THIS YEAR! Women Executive Leaders in Catholic Higher Education: Catholic colleges and universities have had a higher percentage of women presidents than any other higher education sector. ACCU seeks to support women to meet current leadership demands and thrive in Catholic higher education executive positions.
Who should attend this inaugural event? Women currently in mid-level leadership roles across the college or university (offices of Finance, Advancement, Diversity, General Counsel, Enrollment, Admissions, Alumni Affairs, Marketing/Communications, Athletics, Academics, Student Affairs, Mission & Ministry) who are considering advancing to the next senior executive position within Catholic higher education
- Aspiring Presidents Conference: Whether you have a planned trajectory toward a presidency or are still navigating your path, you will leave this day empowered and inspired to serve as a president within Catholic higher education. Veteran presidents will lead sessions of learning and fellowship to advance your understanding of the unique dimensions of Catholic identity and university mission. Presidential mentors and search consultants will help guide your journey.
Who should attend this event? All senior leaders (vice presidents, deans, and other senior executives) who have a Catholic college or university presidency in their sights
Saturday, February 1
- Mission Officers Conference: Entering its ninth year, this conference gives both thoughtful and practical tools to these leaders, whose responsibilities for promoting Catholic identity run deep and wide.
- Chief Academic Officers Conference: The CAO plays a unique role in advancing Catholic identity among academic staff. Stimulating speakers and roundtable discussions at this gathering help attendees address contemporary needs.
- Senior Student Affairs Officers Conference: Student affairs professionals provide opportunities for personal growth and help students make healthy decisions within a framework of Catholic values. Esteemed speakers and participants engage in discussions of contemporary topics.