New Presidents Institute
Each year, more than a dozen ACCU institutions welcome new presidents. Typically, some have previously been presidents of another institution, but most are entering their first presidency. As many as one-third of our new presidents come from non-ACCU institutions and may have little preparation for enhancing their understanding of the Catholic dimensions of their new leadership role.
As a result, ACCU designed this valuable new program, to which all ACCU member presidents in their first or second year of a new presidency are invited. The two-day program includes optional one-on-one consultation sessions with experienced presidents and opportunities for spouses of presidents to gather.
Here's what past participants had to say:
- “Relevant. Refreshing. Engaging. These words all describe the ACCU Institute for New Presidents. I had attended several similar workshops from other associations, but none compared to the ACCU program. It is a must for all new presidents of Catholic colleges and universities, both large and small.”
- “Incredibly important to my education as a new president – I highly recommend it for future new presidents.”
- “Practical collegiality so very welcome; sense of mission and sacredness of this work reinforced; panelists uniformly prepared, thoughtful, pointed, and often poignant.”
- “Far more helpful to me than previous ‘new president’ programs.”
- Purpose and Future of Catholic Higher Education in the United States
- Practices and Challenges of Implementing Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Managing Common Flash Points with Church Teachings and Campus Life
- Boards of Trustees: Governing for Mission
- Institution and Religious Orders: Working with Sponsoring Congregations
- Personal Spiritual Development
For more information about the 2014 program, please contact Lindsay Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-457-0650 ext. 224.