Work at ACCU
Full- and Part-Time Positions
The Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities offers a number of opportunities through seasonal internships, part-time employment, and full-time employment at the national office in Washington, DC. The following position is currently available:
Accounting and Membership Associate
Reports to: Senior Director of Business Operations
Assists the Senior Director of Business Operations with general accounting functions, including processing deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliations. Sits at front desk and acts as the first point of contact via phone, in-person visits, and mail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes deposits, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Executes and oversees annual dues collection process from member institutions.
- Assists Senior Director with account reconciliations.
- Coordinates with Senior Director to ensure accurate bookkeeping.
- Creates invoices for membership.
- Acts as staff to membership committee and assists chair.
- Conducts research on possible new members.
- Sends invitations to invite institutions to apply for membership.
Office Operations (20%)
- Sits at front desk and acts as the first point of contact for the association.
- Monitors and distributes ACCU general e-mail.
- Coordinates office supplies inventory and processes orders.
- Processes ACCU publication sales, including invoicing and shipping.
- Maintains association library.
- Participates in the planning and execution of the Annual Meeting.
Human Resources (5%)
- Maintains the ACCU employment bulletin board.
- Maintains the ACCU volunteer database.
- Assists with internship program.
Education: Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
- One to three years of accounting experience.
- Outgoing and friendly personality able to warmly greet visitors and callers.
- Ability to take initiative and complete work assigned.
- Knowledge of Catholic higher education is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish desirable, but not essential.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Solid knowledge of non-profit or association accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good judgment especially when dealing with confidential information.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.