|Sign up now for your free subscription to Update, the quarterly newsletter of ACCU. (Please provide your title and institutional affiliation.)|
Faith Development: There’s an App for That
Across Catholic higher education, colleges and universities are building apps to help students and others engage with their faith.
Swimming Against the Tide: Five Challenges to Youth
Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò addresses cultural challenges faced by students, and the role of Catholic education in helping youth maintain their faith, morals, and ideals.
Reflections on the 2014 Rome Seminar
Three leaders of La Roche College came to the seminar with different backgrounds and perspectives, but we left with the same, very special, gift—a renewed appreciation for Catholic higher education and the roles we can play at this very exciting moment in the history of the Church.
The City of Rome and Catholic Education
The Catholic University of America Rome Study program offers students not only the history and culture of one of the world’s greatest cities, but it also puts them into contact with the long legacy of Church history.
Religious Liberty Concerns Remain for Catholic Colleges and Universities
Numerous legal developments potentially bearing on the religious identity of Catholic colleges and universities have occurred in recent months.
CRS Student Ambassadors: Informed Action for Justice
CRS Student Ambassadors help Catholic Relief Services bring its message to campus
...and much more, including a calendar of upcoming events, Campus Notes, and Peace & Justice Initiatives.
Read extended editions of recent newsletter articles:
Frequently Asked Questions About the Affordable Care Act
By Kurt Lawson and Elizabeth Meers
HR Management: The Messenger Matters
By Rev. Craig B. Mousin, DePaul University
History Can Guide the Future of Catholic Social Teaching
By Vincent J. Miller, University of Dayton
Organizational Justice: A Core Competency for Catholic Colleges and Universities
By Gary Miller, DePaul University
Update is a FREE quarterly electronic newsletter of the ACCU with distribution to over 4,000 subscribers. Read past editions here.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter or submit news items related to your institution's Catholic mission and identity, please e-mail Paula Moore.
News items submitted for Update should meet the following guidelines:
- Introduce our presidents, administrators, and faculty to new or innovative activities and programs initiated by Catholic colleges and universities.
- Identify institutional initiatives for their significance to a national readership and for their contribution to the Church, the intellectual culture, and the common good.
- Inform member institutions about opportunities for participation in conversations and initiatives pertaining to Catholic higher education at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Share the achievements, success stories, and strategic planning efforts of member institutions in the areas of Catholic identity and institutional mission.
- Call attention to grants or grant opportunities that have as their explicit purpose, intent, or outcome the enhancement of the Catholic character of one or more institutions.
Please observe the following 2014-15 deadlines for article submission:
August 22, 2014
|February 20, 2015||March 16|
|May 22||June 15|
News items may be submitted to:
Fax: (202) 728-0977
Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
One Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036