|Sign up now for your free subscription to Update, the quarterly newsletter of ACCU. (Please provide your title and institutional affiliation.)|
The winter 2016 (PDF; 1.7 MB) issue of Update is now available (best viewed with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer).
Adjusting the Post-Election Volume
Leaders in Catholic higher education are speaking out to promote reasoned, value-centered dialogue at a time of heightened anxiety and resounding rhetoric.
President’s Letter: What Changes — and What Remains
What can we learn from the events of 2016? And what lessons can we take forward during this time of sweeping social change?
ACCU Announces Winner of Climate Leadership Awards
Find out which Catholic university took top honors in the ACCU/Solution Generation competition.
Making Dreams a Reality in Sub-Saharan Africa
Women religious in Africa have a hunger for increased faith formation, greater confidence in their own human development skills, and improving their ministries and communities. The All-Africa Conference: Sister to Sister is giving them tools to advance their knowledge in all these areas and more.
Human Resources: Knowing the Ropes
“Knowing the ropes,” a maritime cliché suggesting experiential learning, offers valuable insights into the benefits of shared knowledge for the greater good of the workplace.
Read extended editions of previous newsletter articles:
Colleges Keep Charisms Alive
By Paula Moore
Frequently Asked Questions About the Affordable Care Act
By Kurt Lawson and Elizabeth Meers
HR Management: The Messenger Matters
By Rev. Craig B. Mousin, DePaul University
History Can Guide the Future of Catholic Social Teaching
By Vincent J. Miller, University of Dayton
Organizational Justice: A Core Competency for Catholic Colleges and Universities
By Gary Miller, DePaul University
Update is a FREE quarterly electronic newsletter of the ACCU with distribution to over 5,000 subscribers. Read past editions here.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter or submit news items related to your institution's Catholic mission and identity, please e-mail Paula Moore. News items submitted for Update should meet the following guidelines:
- Introduce our presidents, administrators, and faculty to new or innovative activities and programs related to Catholic identity.
- Identify institutional initiatives for their significance to a national readership and for their contribution to the Church, the intellectual culture, and the common good.
- Inform member institutions about opportunities for participation in conversations and initiatives pertaining to Catholic higher education at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Share the achievements, success stories, and strategic planning efforts of member institutions in the areas of Catholic identity and institutional mission.
- Call attention to grants or grant opportunities that have as their explicit purpose, intent, or outcome the enhancement of the Catholic character of one or more institutions.
Please observe the following 2016 deadlines for article submission:
|Summer:||May 20||June 15
|February 17, 2017||March 15|
News items may be submitted to:
Fax: (202) 728-0977
Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
One Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036