|Sign up now for your free subscription to Update, the quarterly newsletter of ACCU. (Please provide your title and institutional affiliation.)|
The Spring 2015 (PDF; 2.14 MB) issue of Update is now available!
New Presidents Lead Campus and Promote Faith
More than half of all ACCU member presidents have been in office for less than five years. Read how this newest generation of Catholic higher education leaders are showing their commitment to the founding charism and religious mission of their campuses.
ACCU Meeting: The Bold Vision of Catholic Higher Education
Relive some of the highlights of the recent ACCU Annual Meeting, with photos, session recaps, and a look at how the conference gave voice to Catholic values.
15 Leadership Characteristics Inspired by Pope Francis
Offering the human body as a metaphor, Pope Francis recently outlined 15 "diseases" that can help organizational leaders conduct an examination of conscience.
Organizing Good and Productive Work: A Management Priority
Leaders of Catholic colleges and universities have a unique opportunity to respond to a call for "organizing good and productive work," both in the classroom and among university employees.
Read extended editions of recent newsletter articles:
Frequently Asked Questions About the Affordable Care Act
By Kurt Lawson and Elizabeth Meers
HR Management: The Messenger Matters
By Rev. Craig B. Mousin, DePaul University
History Can Guide the Future of Catholic Social Teaching
By Vincent J. Miller, University of Dayton
Organizational Justice: A Core Competency for Catholic Colleges and Universities
By Gary Miller, DePaul University
Update is a FREE quarterly electronic newsletter of the ACCU with distribution to over 4,000 subscribers. Read past editions here.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter or submit news items related to your institution's Catholic mission and identity, please e-mail Paula Moore.
News items submitted for Update should meet the following guidelines:
- Introduce our presidents, administrators, and faculty to new or innovative activities and programs initiated by Catholic colleges and universities.
- Identify institutional initiatives for their significance to a national readership and for their contribution to the Church, the intellectual culture, and the common good.
- Inform member institutions about opportunities for participation in conversations and initiatives pertaining to Catholic higher education at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Share the achievements, success stories, and strategic planning efforts of member institutions in the areas of Catholic identity and institutional mission.
- Call attention to grants or grant opportunities that have as their explicit purpose, intent, or outcome the enhancement of the Catholic character of one or more institutions.
Please observe the following 2015 deadlines for article submission:
|February 20, 2015||March 16|
|May 22||June 15|
News items may be submitted to:
Fax: (202) 728-0977
Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
One Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036