|Sign up now for your free subscription to Update, the quarterly newsletter of ACCU. (Please provide your title and institutional affiliation.)|
The Winter 2015 (PDF; 2.6 MB) issue of Update is now available (best viewed with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer).
Colleges Keep Charisms Alive (extended web version)
Catholic institutions of higher education continue to embrace the vision of their founders, with each giving distinctive witness to the shared vision of Christian values.
Pope Reinforces Why Catholic Higher Ed Matters
The visit to the United States by Pope Francis last fall did much to elevate the mission and message of Catholic higher education—and served as a reminder that Catholic colleges and universities are a gift to the world community.
Campus Ministry Directors Meeting: No Small Talk, Lots of Big Ideas
Campus ministry directors gather for professional sharing and fellowship, and come away with deep insights from peers.
A Pilgrim’s Journey: Rockhurst University President Reflects on the Deep Meaning of the Camino
Rev. Thomas Curran shares thoughts on walking the El Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage for the body, mind, and soul.
Catholic Honors Programs Nurture Mind and Spirit
A survey by the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities gauges how honors programs at member institutions incorporate Catholic tradition to shape students’ academic and social development.
Mindset Matters: How Leaders’ Attitudes Sustain Organizations
As Catholic colleges and universities face mounting budget pressures and operational disruptions, campus leaders must be formed in the mental models that foster outcomes of sustainability, innovation, and student success.
Conference Highlights Interfaith Cooperation
Students, faculty, and staff from Catholic colleges and universities across the Kansas City area gather to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Nostra Aetate, and learn to become ambassadors for its message of acceptance.
...and much more, including a calendar of upcoming events, Campus Notes, and Peace & Justice Initiatives.
Read extended editions of recent newsletter articles:
Colleges Keep Charisms Alive
By Paula Moore
Frequently Asked Questions About the Affordable Care Act
By Kurt Lawson and Elizabeth Meers
HR Management: The Messenger Matters
By Rev. Craig B. Mousin, DePaul University
History Can Guide the Future of Catholic Social Teaching
By Vincent J. Miller, University of Dayton
Organizational Justice: A Core Competency for Catholic Colleges and Universities
By Gary Miller, DePaul University
Update is a FREE quarterly electronic newsletter of the ACCU with distribution to over 4,000 subscribers. Read past editions here.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter or submit news items related to your institution's Catholic mission and identity, please e-mail Paula Moore.
News items submitted for Update should meet the following guidelines:
- Introduce our presidents, administrators, and faculty to new or innovative activities and programs initiated by Catholic colleges and universities.
- Identify institutional initiatives for their significance to a national readership and for their contribution to the Church, the intellectual culture, and the common good.
- Inform member institutions about opportunities for participation in conversations and initiatives pertaining to Catholic higher education at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Share the achievements, success stories, and strategic planning efforts of member institutions in the areas of Catholic identity and institutional mission.
- Call attention to grants or grant opportunities that have as their explicit purpose, intent, or outcome the enhancement of the Catholic character of one or more institutions.
Please observe the following 2015 deadlines for article submission:
|February 19, 2016||March 15|
|May 20, 2016||June 15|
News items may be submitted to:
Fax: (202) 728-0977
Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
One Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036