|Sign up now for your free subscription to Update, the quarterly newsletter of ACCU. (Please provide your title and institutional affiliation.)|
The Winter 2014 (PDF; 1.6 MB) issue of Update is now available!
The Bold Voices of Catholic Higher Ed
Across Catholic higher education, students and administrators are taking bold strides to tackle some of the world's most vexing problems.
The Transformative Nature of Peer Ministry Programs
An extensive survey of peer ministers and program administrators quantifies aspects of their effectiveness and points out ways to make them even better.
College Promotes the Voices of Young Catholic Women
Saint Mary's College creates a program to give voice to millennial generation women, and it takes them all the way to Rome.
Is Labor a Commodity or a Commitment?
A new book suggests employment practices that integrate Catholic Social Teaching and participate in the "good jobs" strategy.
Read extended editions of recent newsletter articles:
Frequently Asked Questions About the Affordable Care Act
By Kurt Lawson and Elizabeth Meers
HR Management: The Messenger Matters
By Rev. Craig B. Mousin, DePaul University
History Can Guide the Future of Catholic Social Teaching
By Vincent J. Miller, University of Dayton
Organizational Justice: A Core Competency for Catholic Colleges and Universities
By Gary Miller, DePaul University
Update is a FREE quarterly electronic newsletter of the ACCU with distribution to over 4,000 subscribers. Read past editions here.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter or submit news items related to your institution's Catholic mission and identity, please e-mail Paula Moore.
News items submitted for Update should meet the following guidelines:
- Introduce our presidents, administrators, and faculty to new or innovative activities and programs initiated by Catholic colleges and universities.
- Identify institutional initiatives for their significance to a national readership and for their contribution to the Church, the intellectual culture, and the common good.
- Inform member institutions about opportunities for participation in conversations and initiatives pertaining to Catholic higher education at the regional, national, and international levels.
- Share the achievements, success stories, and strategic planning efforts of member institutions in the areas of Catholic identity and institutional mission.
- Call attention to grants or grant opportunities that have as their explicit purpose, intent, or outcome the enhancement of the Catholic character of one or more institutions.
Please observe the following 2015 deadlines for article submission:
|February 20, 2015||March 16|
|May 22||June 15|
News items may be submitted to:
Fax: (202) 728-0977
Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
One Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036