If you would like to view the complete list of available positions, click on "View All Ads" in the drop-down box. You may also select a specific category from the menu.
View Ads: Admissions & Financial Aid Positions
Sort by Date ↓
|Posted Monday, June 15, 2015|
BASIC PURPOSE: Assists in the recruitment and selection of students in support of the mission of the College.
1. Responsible for managing a geographic territory with goals for applications and deposits.
2. Evaluates the qualifications of prospective students and makes admissions recommendations, which are in the best interest of the student and the College.
3. Represents the College at conventions, College night functions, fairs and high school visits, etc. in an effort to promote Assumption and encourages prospective students to apply for admission here.
4. Assists in developing and implementing international recruitment programs, partnerships and related initiatives designed to attract suitable candidates from other countries.
5. Conducts personal interviews with prospective students in order to familiarize them with the College’s programs and policies, and to assess their interest and goals.
6. Makes presentations promoting the College to various groups of students, parents, and guidance personnel.
7. Assesses students’ requests for financial aid and makes recommendations for scholarships and grants on the basis of scholarship, character and financial need.
8. Maintains contacts with the College’s Alumni as a source for prospective students.
9. Assists with planning and implementation of on-campus events for prospective students and families.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* B.A. required.
* Strong verbal and written skills required. Ability to speak a second language a plus.
* Solid interpersonal skills and ability to relate using multiple communication channels.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required. Strong computer skills required. Experience with relational databases and research methodology helpful.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends, including overnight (and some international) travel as required.
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Interacts on a daily basis with prospective and current students, parents, alumni, and high school representatives.
* Travels extensively 4-6 months of the year making approximately 250 visits to high schools, conventions, and fairs per year.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr
500 Salisbury Street
Worcester MA 01609