Rockhurst University, a Catholic, Jesuit University, invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services.
THE UNIVERSITY: Rockhurst University is a Catholic, Jesuit University serving 3,000 graduate and undergraduate students in the business and cultural heart of Kansas City. As one of 28 Jesuit universities and colleges in the U.S., Rockhurst is part of the largest network of independent higher education institutions in the nation. The Jesuit tradition ensures that Rockhurst graduates are prepared to lead, shape, and change the world around them. Rockhurst University has been ranked among the top regional universities in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report.
THE AVP: The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services (AVP), reporting to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs, is an institutional leader and is an engaged member of the president’s Cabinet. As the senior enrollment leader, he or she will have specific responsibilities for leading, managing, and directing graduate and undergraduate student recruitment based on data analytics/business intelligence. The approach must be strategic and executed in a way that is fully integrated with student life, academic programs, finance, athletics, public relations and marketing, and institutional research.
This person will provide leadership in the expansion of existing institutional partnerships and the development of new initiatives that will expand the reach and relevance of the university in the greater Kansas City area.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – The successful candidate will bring the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- A Master’s degree is required, unless supplemented with a high level of relevant, executive management experience;
- Knowledge of best practices in both Graduate and Undergraduate admissions and recruiting;
- Five plus years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in enrollment management, supporting a personalized student centered approach to recruitment enhanced by the best use of technology and social media to enhance efforts;
- Firm understanding of the private education marketplace and the challenges inherent in the higher education field;
- Record of success developing a strategy and driving its execution;
- Proven ability leading a team and being an effective team member;
- Proven ability setting goals, monitoring performance, and holding the team accountable for results;
- Three plus years’ supervisory experience with the proven ability motivating, influencing, and managing a diverse array of dedicated professionals, while emphasizing a high level of quality in all deliverables;
- Preferred record of success in recruitment, admissions and other enrollment activities; and
- Understanding of current trends in enrollment management and the willingness to take appropriate risks in new programming and recruitment.
For more information about Rockhurst University and the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services search (including position responsibilities and application requirements), please review this document: Position Profile. If the direct link to the left doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at www.eflassociates.com and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
NOMINATIONS and APPLICATIONS: EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting Rockhurst University with its search for this important position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
Nominations and applications will be held in confidence and should be submitted through the Consensus Search Support System – not via email. Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position. (This letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position.)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé.
- Contact information (e-mail addresses are required) for five professional references, at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a second who is a colleague, and a third who is an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly.
- All documents should be submitted electronically in PDF format to the Consensus System:
- Committee will begin their review of all documents on May 13th.
- Preferred start date is July 1, 2016
Rockhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other non-merit factor in employment, educational programs or activities that it operates.
Confidential inquiries, questions and nominations may be directed to:
Ms. Jan M. Asnicar, Senior Vice President
Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates
Saint Mary's College of California seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Registrar - Service Specialist
Closing Date/Time: 4/14/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: CA 94556, CA
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Assistant Registrar - Service Specialist serves as the first point of contact for the Registrar's office. This position is customer service focused and a Veteran Affairs representative. The position works closely with staff, students and faculty to explain college policies and procedures. Offers guidance to students and faculty for resolving challenges. The position serves as a project manager for the Registrar's Office by developing, organizing and completing project work.
1. This position is primarily stationed at the front counter in order to assist students, faculty and staff seeking assistance, participate in registration activities, input and maintain data and information, answer phone and
in-person inquiries. Initial responder to weekly phone inquiries that require detailed research and correspondence at times.
2. Develop, monitor, and apply records management best practices for both paper and electronic records. Maintain and disseminate the Registrar's Office records retention schedule. Accurately attach metadata and archive records in document management imaging system using a classification system and a controlled vocabulary. Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of student records.
3.This position will serve as a project manager for services provided by the Registrar's Office. This position will assist with planning, executing and closing projects for the Registrar's Office. This position will partner with staff in the Registrar's Office as well as other key contributors to the success of the Registrar's Office . These departments include but are not limited to ITS, Financial Aid, Admissions and Business Offices.
4. The position serves as a Veteran Certifying Official. This position processes student enrollment verification to the VA, monitors and reports change of study in majors and programs, complies with VA's changes in procedure or process, tracks the number of enrolled Yellow Ribbon students and amounts of tuition and fees, audits VA students' financial accounts to maintain accurate payments and collaborates with the Business Office and Financial Aid office regarding VA student accounts
5. Process Leave of Absences and Withdrawals requests.
- Import withdrawal requests using Survey Monkey software
- Monitor leave requests with regard to probationary standing
Provide recommendations for denied leaves and withdrawal requests Provide information regarding withdrawal and leave policies to students, faculty and staff. Provide notification to other departments, the Business and Financial Aid offices
Experience and Qualifications:
Education Required: BA or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: 3+ years
Skills/ Abilities: Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague, Experience with Document Management Systems such as ImageNow
Other Requirements: Travel for professional conferences and some evening work.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency