Admissions & Financial Aid Positions
|If you already have an account and would like to modify or delete ads you posted previously, or post a new one, you must log in first.|
|New Users - Create an Account|
|If you are a new user who has never submitted an ad before, an account will be created for you when you post your first ad.|
Sort by Date ↓
Saint Michael's College
Vice President for Enrollment
|Posted Monday, May 20, 2013|
Saint Michael’s College invites nominations, applications, and expressions of interest for the position of Vice President for Enrollment. The College seeks an enrollment professional who is experienced in private higher education and who can build on the consistent history of enrollment success that the College has enjoyed. The new Vice President will be expected to provide the vision, leadership, and effective management necessary to enable the College to fulfill its enrollment and financial aid goals in an increasingly competitive and rapidly changing environment. The new Vice President will be assisted in this by a strong and experienced administration and staff open to change and new leadership and a strongly student-centered, collaborative faculty.
Founded in 1904 by members of the Society of St. Edmund, Saint Michael’s is located adjacent to Burlington, Vermont, and is situated between Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains. The College’s defining commitments, derived from the Edmundite tradition, are to provide a liberal arts education of the highest quality, to develop a strong campus community, and to inculcate an ethic of service. As a Catholic liberal arts institution, Saint Michael’s both embraces and challenges culture, offers a model of civility, and seeks diversity of all kinds among its students, faculty, and staff.
Saint Michael’s enrolls some 2,000 undergraduates and 500 graduate students. Eighty percent of its students come from outside Vermont; 25 percent come from outside of New England. Ten percent of the student body are racially and ethnically diverse; 3 percent are international students. Sixty percent of the student body identify themselves as Catholics. Over 40 percent of its graduates have had a study-abroad experience. In 2011, Saint Michael’s adopted a test-optional admissions policy; for those who do submit scores, the middle 50 percent of its first-year class have combined SAT scores ranging from 1600-1890. The College has a first-year/sophomore retention rate of 90 percent. Its six-year graduation rate is over 80 percent and consistently exceeds its predicted graduation rate.
For the last decade, the strategic direction of Saint Michael’s has been to enhance its academic program. It has done this by increasing the level of academic challenge, increasing the level of academic support provided to students, adding greater diversity to its course offerings, implementing a 4-course-per-semester curriculum, and increasing student-faculty research. Because of these changes, the College has witnessed a higher level of student academic success, a higher level of student engagement, and increased retention. Since 2003, the College has sheltered a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, only one of four Catholic colleges and universities in New England to do so.
Saint Michael’s seeks a new Vice President who can develop, implement, and communicate a successful admissions and financial aid strategy. The new Vice President will also be expected to engage faculty, student life and academic affairs staff, athletic staff, and the entire campus community effectively in the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will have broad experience in enrollment management in private higher education and a documented history of success. Experience with financial-aid modeling, marketing, and the use of technology and social media in recruiting will also be expected. The new Vice President must also demonstrate respect for the Catholic identity of the College as well as a commitment to the basic Edmundite values that continue to shape its mission.
For fullest consideration, applications should be submitted by July 8, 2013.
For more information about this opportunity and instructions to apply, please visit the search profile found here:
Please direct inquiries and nominations to:
Robert Holyer, Ph.D.
Senior Consultant, AGB Search
For more information about Saint Michael’s College, please visit: http://www.smcvt.edu.
Saint Michael’s College is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Robert Holyer, Ph.D., Senior Consultant
Click here to submit an ad