Building upon recent enrollment growth, Trinity Washington University is expanding its admissions and enrollment development team to include an Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Development. True to its mission and the student population the University serves, and distinct among Washington area colleges and universities, Trinity is poised for continued growth and success. A new Academic Center is under construction which will transform academic life at the University. The Academic Center will be an 80,000 square foot, LEED certified, building which will house new classroom space, labs, student gathering places, and more.
Located in the Brookland neighborhood of northeast Washington, DC, and with easy access to public transportation (including Metro’s Red Line), Trinity enrolls more than 2,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students from around the region in day, evening, and weekend programs.
The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Development will report to the Vice President for Enrollment Development, and will have experience as a manager with high energy, exceptional hands-on recruitment and admissions experience, the ability to motivate and mentor a team, and commitment to access in higher education. Preference will be given to those with experience in private, non-profit, institutions of higher education, and demonstrated success in relationship-building, networking, and meeting enrollment goals. The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Development will oversee enrollment development, recruitment, and admissions activities for Trinity’s School of Professional Studies, the School of Business and Graduate Studies, The School of Nursing & Health Professions and the School of Education:
- Developing and implementing the strategic and tactical plans for recruiting professional students aligned with Trinity’s enrollment goals, incorporating strong market analysis data and aligning market trends with Trinity’s programs;
- Developing and implementing strategies to build the inquiry pools for the professional programs, to train and supervise staff recruiters working to convert inquiries to applications, and ensuring high yield of applications to enrolled students through managing an effective yield management program for the professional schools;
- In cooperation with the marketing professionals on the Advancement Team, creating and implementing a full range of print materials, online and broadcast advertisements and other communication tactics to expand Trinity’s brand identity and impact on the Washington region;
- Developing and managing an effective corporate relations program for professional student recruiting;
- Developing education and training programs for the recruiting team in order to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of staff presentations and recruiting conversations about Trinity’s academic programs and policies;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the President, Provost, Academic Deans and faculty, and ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of weekly reports on recruiting progress;
- In cooperation with the Vice President, developing the annual admissions budget, participating in selection and supervision of core admissions staff, and facilitating management of the Admissions Office.
Qualifications should include at least 8 years of increasingly responsible admissions experience, with experience recruiting for professional schools preferred as well as management experience with an emphasis on team-building and effective supervision. A Bachelor’s Degree is required, and a Master’s Degree is preferred. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and also the ability to travel throughout the Washington region by car.
Candidates must present evidence of very strong oral and written communication skills, and finalists must present writing samples and evidence of related work products in marketing, recruiting and admissions.
Application and Nomination Process: The University has partnered with Scott Healy & Associates in managing and overseeing the entire search process. All applications and nominations must be sent to:
Scott Healy & Associates
Attn: Dr. Scott Healy, President
Applicants must apply electronically by submitting a cover letter outlining their experience and success in all the areas indicated in the position description, a complete and up-to-date resume, and a list of five professional references with title, institutional affiliation, e-mail address and telephone numbers. Applications submitted by May 8, 2015, will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled. Trinity Washington University is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action and to excellence through diversity