Saint Mary's College of California
Assistant Director of Operations - Undergraduate Admissions
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 08/12/14 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
• Saint Mary’s College invites applications for a full-time exempt position in the Admissions Office to work in a collaborative, culturally diverse campus environment. Effective communication within a diverse community of faculty, staff, students, alumni and donors is an essential skill. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
• Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Admissions the Assistant Director of Operations provides leadership, planning and project management for Admission systems including Datatel, Hobsons CRM, ImageNow and the Common Application administrative software systems. Provides direct training for Admission processing staff including administrative assistants, admission counselors, and student workers. Provide on-going analysis and troubleshooting of current reporting, data input, and processing procedures for functionality and data integrity.
• The Assistant Director maintains the high standards of customer support expected of the Office of Admissions through his or her collaboration and assistance with members of the Admissions Office and other College departments, prospective students and their parents, high school and independent college counselors, and outside vendors with which the Admissions Office contracts. The successful candidate will need to be able to be productive while juggling multiple tasks and competing priorities. Effective customer service skills, an ability to remain calm under pressure, and an ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks as assigned are also essential, including responding to incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
• The ability to both quickly and accurately input confidential applicant information into the Hobson’s EMT and Datatel systems. Ability to troubleshoot application issues, find errors, and improve process is necessary.
• Customer Service: Serve as first point of contact to all potential applicants, answer inquiries via telephone and email while providing the highest standard of customer service.
• Miscellaneous: Input inquiry cards from potential applicants, preparing mass recruitment mailings, supervising student workers, retreiving, sorting and appropriatly distributing mail
Experience and Qualifications:
• 2-4 years experience in an Admission environment, especially in development and maintenance of admission and application functions related to CRM and Imaging software. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in using Student Information Systems preferrece (EMT Hobson's , ImageNow, and or Datatel’s Colleague a plus). Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Explorer, Excel and Access.
• Advanced computer skills, strong written and verbal skills, strongwriting skills to prepare clear and concise correspondence and documentation for processes, manuals.
• Occasional weekend/evening work as needed during peek periods of application volume and assisting with preparation and execution of events for prospective student and families on weekends.
• Interest in active participation as a member of a team of professionals; exercise active initiative in a fast paced office.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled and willingness to contribute to the total recruitment effort. Detail oriented and organized.
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
Notification with regard to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act.
As provided by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, Saint Mary’s College of California through its Department of Public Safety, annually provides notice and makes available copies of the Annual Security Report, to the campus community, prospective students, employees and the public. Each Security Report includes statistics for the past three years concerning crimes and incidents (whether they occurred on campus, in off-campus building and property owned or controlled by the College, or on public property adjacent to campus) reported to campus security authorities. Each Security Report also provides campus policies and practices concerning security – how to report sexual assaults and other crimes, crime prevention efforts, policies/laws governing alcohol and drugs, victims’ assistance programs, student discipline, college resources, and other matters. The Security Report is publicly available electronically or hard copy in the following ways: electronically:http://www.stmarysca.edu/about/safety/02report.pdf; in person: Department of Public Safety, Administrative Office, Assumption Hall: or by or by Mail or Telephone Request: Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 3111, Moraga, CA 94575-3111 (925) 631-4052.
In addition, as provided by the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Megan’s Law database of sex crime offenders, which information may be obtained from the Sheriff’s office located at 500 Court Street, Martinez, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Gannon University, a Catholic university, invites applications for a full-time, entry-level 12-month position of Assistant Director of International Admissions. The successful candidate will assist with designing and implementing an effective recruitment strategy to increase the enrollment of full-time degree seeking international students. A background in international enrollment and outreach are a must. Domestic and international travel is required. Because Gannon seeks excellence through inclusiveness, the University invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two plus years of higher education administrative experience with a background in international enrollment and outreach. Working knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 Visa regulations is required. Fluency in a second language such as Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese or Arabic is preferred. Must have a current valid driver’s license and passport, and must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. lawful permanent resident (U.S. Green Card Holder). Successful candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and email. Content Relationship Management (CRM) Systems familiarity if preferred. Candidates must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
Gannon University, located near Lake Erie in Erie, Pennsylvania, offers ready access to a variety of cultural and exciting seasonal activities and is within a two-hour drive of Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. For more information about what Erie has to offer visit www.visiteriepa.com.
Apply at www.gannon.edu/employment. For full consideration, upload the following information to your application: (1) a cover letter that describes the following: why you want to work with international students; a description of your domestic and international travel experiences; and any experiences that have prepared you for achieving success in this position; (2) a resume; and (3) the contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and this position will remain open until filled. For more information about Gannon visit www.gannon.edu. Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.